When the temperature heats up, the dogs start to roast. No we’re not talking about franks on the grill, we’re talking dogs of a different breed! Amazingly enough, there are a million super easy frozen treats that can be made specifically for pets. Below are our top picks for DIY pet treats this Fido’s best summer ever!
PB & Banana Bites
12 oz banana greek yogurt
6 oz creamy peanut putter
1.Mix ingredients together with a fork until blended.
2. Transfer mixture into a silicone ice cube tray (note: you could use a regular ice cube tray, but they might not come out as easily).
3. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Recipe courtesy of: Sugar and Soul
Crazy for Coconut
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 container of blueberries
1. Place one or two blueberries in each compartment of a silicone ice cube mold.
2. Heat coconut oil in a small sauceman until liquified; let cool for 2-3 minutes.
3. Pour coconut oil on top of blueberries in ice cube mold.
4. Let freeze for 2-4 hours then let your favorite furry friend enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: Hello Nature Blog
2 cups pureed watermelon (seedless)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon honey
1. Puree pre-chopped seedless watermelon cubes.
2. Add coconut milk and honey into blender to mix well.
3. Freeze overnight in a hard ice cube tray for best results.
Recipe courtesy of: Pet Guide
Have you ever made your own diy pet treats? Share your recipe by tweeting @famfrenzy!